Author Topic: Clash of Clans  (Read 7032 times)

Offline Slatos

• Your favourite
  • 1337 Member
  • Never trust ファジーヤギ
    • Skype - mrcompleto
    • Steam - Slatos
Clash of Clans
« on: May 02, 2015, 09:28:23 PM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC2qk2X3fKA[/youtube]

About the Game:

Clash of Clans is an online multiplayer game in which players build a community, train troops, and attack other players to earn gold ,elixir and Dark Elixir, which can be used to build defenses that protect the player from other players' attacks, and to train and upgrade troops. The game also features a pseudo-single player campaign in which the player must attack a series of fortified goblin villages.

Troops:

Troops are divided into Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Dark Elixir Troops, and Heroes.

• Tier #1 - Consists of Barbarians, Archers, and Goblins.
  • Tier #2 - Consists of Giants, Wall Breakers (skeletons that carry bombs), Balloons (Wall Breakers in hot air balloons that drop bombs), and Wizards.
  • Tier #3 - Consists of Dragons, Healers, and P.E.K.K.A.s (heavily armored sword-wielding warriors whose exact identity is unconfirmed).
  • Dark Elixir Troops - Consists of Minions (which resemble flying imps), Hog Riders, Valkyries, Golems, Witches, and Lava Hounds (a group of flying fiery hound-like golems that target air defenses). These troops are created by using "dark elixir", a special type of elixir that is only available at higher levels, and are also trained in their own "dark barracks".
  • Heroes - Consists of the Barbarian King and the Archer Queen. Heroes are immortal and are only trained once. They are summoned by an altar rather than being trained in the barracks (or dark barracks) like the other troops. They are trained and upgraded exclusively with dark elixir.

Buildings:

To earn and store gold and elixir, players must build gold mines and gold storages and elixir collectors and elixir storages, respectively. Elixir is used to train new troops, carry out research in the laboratory to upgrade troops and to build and upgrade certain buildings, mostly pertaining to buildings used in attacking another player's base. Gold is used to build defensive buildings and to upgrade the town hall, which allows access to more buildings and higher levels for existing buildings. At higher levels, dark elixir becomes available; this type of elixir is used to train and upgrade dark elixir troops and heroes, as well as fuel the "inferno tower", a defensive building that is available only at very high levels. To earn and store dark elixir, players must build dark elixir drills and dark elixir storages.

There are a number of buildings available to the player to defend their community, including cannons, mortars, bombs, traps, archer towers, and wizard towers. Players can also build walls, which can be upgraded as they increase in level.

Clan Wars:

Clans are groups of players who join together to support each other, either materially (donating troops) or verbally (giving advice). Players can join clans once they rebuild the special Clan Castle building early on. A major component of the gameplay of Clash of Clans is clans facing off against one another. Clan leaders and co-leaders can begin wars against other clans. Each clan is then given one "preparation day" and one "war day." When a player attacks a member of the opposing clan, they receive stars based upon the amount of destruction they cause to the opponent's community. Each player is limited to two attacks per war, and the team with the most stars at the end of the war day is declared victorious, with players receiving bonus war loot if he/she use their attacks in the war and a one more war win record in the clan description.

Gems:

Aside from gold and elixir, the game also uses gems as a currency. Gems are awarded for reaching certain milestones, completing achievements and randomly awarded when clearing certain obstacles in your compound. However, the main way to acquire gems is through in-app purchases using real world money. Gems can be used to speed up every aspect of the game, from construction times to troop training to lab research. They can also be used to purchase more resources and builders.

Thanks, Wikipedia!

How to join our Clan:

There are only two requirements to join our Clash of Clans Clan: Either you are a White Shadows Official Member or you are applying for that position; You must have the game installed on either an Android or an iDevice. To install the game, follow one of the following links:

After you have the game succesfully installed and you've completed the tutorial, it's time to join our Clan. To do so, you'll have to follow the following steps:
  • Repair your castle: In your brand new village there should be a Clan Castle in the Ruin state (check picture below). You are going to have to gather 10k gold to repair it.

• After having the Castle rebuilt, you're going to click it and a menu should pop up below. Select Clan.

• On top, select the "Join Clan" tab.

• On the search box, type in "WShadows". There should only be one Clan, as seen below. Click it.

• A new menu should pop up. Click "Join" as shown in the picture.

• At last, a Message Box should pop up. Here you should write your forum name, so I can tell who you are and accept you.

Special thanks:
Alex for coming up with the idea of creating a Clan and have our members play this game;
Kostas for helping me out with creating the Clan and for sharing his game knowledge.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 07:50:14 AM by Slatos »

"Guess who's back... back again?"

Offline Kostas

• Inactive Member
    • Skype - mr.fames21
Re: Clash of Clans
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 09:34:56 PM »
Nice. May we all have lots of fun with this game.

Offline Tovenaarke

• The White Shadow Helper
  • Honorary Member
  • Your Helping Hand
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 10:03:42 AM »
Can you create a town of your own, and help people, without beeing attacked or attack?  :P

Offline Kostas

• Inactive Member
    • Skype - mr.fames21
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 11:31:44 AM »
Well there is no more help that you can give other than to donate troops, which we all do. About no attacking, that's my style. And not getting attacked. Well there is a simple way to make sure that each time that you are attacked you end with a long protection(which way I am using). There are also ways to make it so that each time that you are attacked you take such a minimum loss than you don't mind at all(which I am also using). For those two things to work though, you need to advance into the game a little bit.

To explain myself though. The first way is by leaving your Town Hall unprotected. Which would lure all of the people looking for trophies(the thing you have to earn to get a better rank), ending with a victory for them, but little to no resources looted. Taking it further you can throw away your trophies and go at ranks where you basically are much better than everyone, therefor they either go for your Town Hall, or just lose from your powerful defenses. For example I am a player worth 2000-2500 trophies, But I have downgraded myself to 800 trophies, just to be safe from attacks. I rarely lose any loot when attacked, but of-course it happens some times, because I am not the only one using this technique.

Offline Alex.

• Veteran
    • Skype - alex.sforza69
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 01:48:11 PM »
I came up with this idea though I cannot leave my current clan because we're all IRL friends in it. Have fun and we may meet in the future!

Offline Tovenaarke

• The White Shadow Helper
  • Honorary Member
  • Your Helping Hand
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 01:53:52 PM »
I'm not convinced yet :) I'll search some more :p

Offline Darxez

• WS Leader
    • ArgonathRPG - [WS]Darxez
    • Discord - Darxez#0269
    • Discord - Darxez#2413
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 04:01:18 PM »
I'm playing :)

Offline IceManC

• Being a Shadow Since 2013
  • WS Managment
  • Once a Shadow... Always a Shadow.
    • ArgonathRPG - Volcom
    • Steam - [WS]IceManC
    • Discord - IceManC
    • Discord - IceManC- #0221
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 07:25:54 PM »

Being a Shadow Since 2013

Offline Caltson

• Honorary Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 11:23:48 PM »
Any pictures to share from our Clan there?  :P

Offline Kostas

• Inactive Member
    • Skype - mr.fames21
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 11:26:18 PM »
Well, 4 members so far, with a pretty inactive chat. Not much to post when it comes to picture. I could post a lovely picture of my village though. lel  :feast:

Offline Caltson

• Honorary Member
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 11:33:22 PM »
Well, 4 members so far, with a pretty inactive chat. Not much to post when it comes to picture. I could post a lovely picture of my village though. lel  :feast:

Since I don't play the game I'm actually interested to have a look at it  :lol2:

Offline Kostas

• Inactive Member
    • Skype - mr.fames21
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 11:54:02 PM »
There you go.
Also since I had lots of trouble to upload and post that... If any of you has a good way to do that with an android, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Offline Caltson

• Honorary Member
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 11:58:59 PM »
Thanks for the effort!  :P
Looks great and defendable  :lol2:

Offline Kostas

• Inactive Member
    • Skype - mr.fames21
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2015, 12:00:52 AM »
Should we expect you to join us?