Author Topic: Major changes  (Read 4406 times)

Offline Caltson

• Honorary Member
Major changes
« on: April 11, 2015, 09:27:59 PM »
Hello guys,

It's time to share some details on the plans for the future of WS.
Many of you may have noticed that things around the forums and ingame have been decreasing severely in activity.
This is due to a series of events that has lead us towards this state.

Right now it's up to us to put the Shadows back to full action and we'll do that with a very big re-organisation of the Clan.
The current structure of the Clan dates back from the day it was founded in 2007. Alot has changed since then in and outside of our clan environment.
What started out as a Roleplay clan on Argonath RPG has succesfully grown to a full-sized clan with different divisions and platforms supported. Back in the days of high activity between 2011-2013, the Clan reached to an avarage amount of 30-44 daily visitors and in those days, we have learned alot on what makes a clan succesfull and what doesn't.

Based on that experience, we have concluded that not only our Forum's structure is very complicated at the moment, it also demotivates new folks and regulars to share their experience because there is a relative high barrier to start a discussion on the forum. It is up to us to lower that barrier and make everything much more accessible and clear to understand.
In the oncoming week, we will start on simplifying our clan structure. Alot of discussion boards will be either removed or merged so that only essential boards will remain for direct and easy communication. We want our forum to be very inviting for anyone that visits, with easy overview and people being motivated to leave their experiences here, no matter if they are relevant or not to the Clan. The forum will be once more a main portal for all activities.

Secondly, WS started out as one Clan for one game.
Over the years, we seperated ourselves in smaller divisions and came out to a point where there are divisions that no longer have interaction between each other.
We want the barriers that the divisions bring fully gone and allow our members to be part of a total experience rather than just one small part of it.
Therefore, it has been decided that the current layout of divisions will be scrapped.

Instead of divisions, we will become one Clan with several operating fields. There will be no more seperation but instead one place where our members will meet and do whatever they wish. No matter if they joined our clan for SA:MP roleplay, SA:MP DM or Playstation, they will be part of the total picture.

I know that this list of changes are very big considering WS has never undergone a big change like this. This will be the kick off to a fresh start that will be futureproof for many years.
Of course this will raise alot of opinions and many questions, but aslong we remain as one Clan during this reformation, I'm sure we'll be able to pull off what I'd like to call the future of WS!

During these changes the WS leadership will not close any division for recruitment.
After the changes have been made, pro-active recruitment will start and that's the part when we'll see activity on the raise again.

- Caltson

Offline Diego.

• Regular
  • Diego Ramirez
Re: Major changes
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 04:53:24 PM »
I'm not sure what would've been the most appropriate place to ask this question but here it goes.

I'm currently on the MTA:SA Division only. And I'm on a non-whitelisted group on SA:MP. How would it work if both division merged together?
Counter Strike: Global Offensive | League of Legends | San Andreas Multiplayer

Offline Fuzzy

• EX WS
    • Steam - tehhfuzz
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 07:47:06 PM »
I'm not sure what would've been the most appropriate place to ask this question but here it goes.

I'm currently on the MTA:SA Division only. And I'm on a non-whitelisted group on SA:MP. How would it work if both division merged together?
That seems like a only a question of arrangements. Maybe something like removing the white list requirement or just making exception cases.

Offline Caltson

• Honorary Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 09:41:45 PM »

If the future, you won't be able to apply for the MTA:SA division only.
You will have to apply for a WS membership and when you are accepted in the Clan, you can choose what to be part of.

We won't force you at all to wear the WS tag everywhere, but during recruitment we would like to know where you would expect to be active in our Clan; where you will make the difference as a member.

Offline Diego.

• Regular
  • Diego Ramirez
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 11:51:59 PM »
If the future, you won't be able to apply for the MTA:SA division only.
You will have to apply for a WS membership and when you are accepted in the Clan, you can choose what to be part of.

We won't force you at all to wear the WS tag everywhere, but during recruitment we would like to know where you would expect to be active in our Clan; where you will make the difference as a member.

I get what you mean but I'm trying to get something else.

Imagine that I apply to the clan as a whole but mostly for the roleplay divisions while being part of Gvardia. Will I have to choose one or will I be able to be in the two groups at the same time?

Offline Kostas

• EX WS
    • Skype - mr.fames21
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 11:28:24 AM »
This could possibly go like, If you are not in an appropriate group in a certain server, then you cannon wear the tag. Though removing the white list thing completely would be better...

Offline Thomas_C

• Inactive Member
  • Owned you... penguin!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 04:46:31 PM »
You guys certainly bring up a good point. It's indeed hard to find a solution to the problem of being in the whole clan and perhaps being in Gvardia (to keep that example up) on just SA:MP. However, in my opinion, discarding the white list as a whole isn't the solution.

Many members want to be part of this clan, but also with to be with another group to engage in diffirent kinds of roleplays and broaden their group of close mates. In the past, this was no problem. However, by removing the white list, we are basically forcing people to leave those groups. Or to leave this clan, of course.

At this very moment I cannot think of the solution, but I'm doing my best to come up with something...
Signed by: [WS]Thomas_C

Offline Diego.

• Regular
  • Diego Ramirez
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 06:10:27 PM »
I think you are misunderstanding, Thomas.

The whitelist is there so people can only join certain groups. If whitelist is removed, one can join any group while being on White Shadows.

Offline Thomas_C

• Inactive Member
  • Owned you... penguin!
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 06:59:28 PM »
I think you are misunderstanding, Thomas.

The whitelist is there so people can only join certain groups. If whitelist is removed, one can join any group while being on White Shadows.
Ooh, the way I interpreted it was so that you cannot join any group when in this clan. My bad! :lol2:
Signed by: [WS]Thomas_C

Offline Ezio Auditore

• Fear not the darkness - but welcome its embrace.
  • EX WS
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 08:46:17 PM »
How about some Sergeant and General changes as well?
Whenever a man blindly follows the truth, remember - Nothing is true.

When something is prohibited, by morality or law, remember - Everything is Permitted.

We work in the Dark to serve the Light. We are The Assassins.

Offline Caltson

• Honorary Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 08:54:42 PM »
How about some Sergeant and General changes as well?

Will work on those after I've worked on the Captain changes.  ;)

This could possibly go like, If you are not in an appropriate group in a certain server, then you cannon wear the tag. Though removing the white list thing completely would be better...

Well, that is to be decided between that group and WS.
Basically, We will allow you to wear the WS tag on SA:MP RPG if you joined in particular for DM, but if you are in a group that doesn't want you to be part of WS, then you must still make a choise.
The White List as it is known today will either vanish as we will select members on the quality of one person, including his ability to make right choises and join groups that are no big troublemakers of any sort.
It's something we must test on a longer term to say if that will be a succesful thing. If we notice that it doesn't work out, then it will be still reverted and the White List stays.

Offline brian

• WS Battlefield Commander
  • Hero
  • Brian_199618
    • PSN - Brian_199618
    • Steam - B. Kupchenko   /   S. Bristow
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 10:02:12 PM »
Seems like my devision will be scrapped. Will be interesting to see where this will be going.

"O'er azure skies and emerald plains where freedom and justice prevail.
With courage and strength we'll fight to the end for liberty in our land."
- USEA National Anthem Hymn of Liberty
SAMP: Brian_Corleone

Offline Diego.

• Regular
  • Diego Ramirez
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 11:20:06 PM »
Will work on those after I've worked on the Captain changes.  ;)

Well, that is to be decided between that group and WS.
Basically, We will allow you to wear the WS tag on SA:MP RPG if you joined in particular for DM, but if you are in a group that doesn't want you to be part of WS, then you must still make a choise.
The White List as it is known today will either vanish as we will select members on the quality of one person, including his ability to make right choises and join groups that are no big troublemakers of any sort.
It's something we must test on a longer term to say if that will be a succesful thing. If we notice that it doesn't work out, then it will be still reverted and the White List stays.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Offline Manoni

• 1337 Member
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 01:57:03 AM »
It's good to see that things has started to move, hopefully we will see something good for the clan as a whole with these  changes.

Offline Tom_Evans

• Regular
    • ArgonathRPG - Tom4ever[GR]
    • PSN - Thom[GR]
    • Steam - Thom[GR]
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 10:14:08 AM »
I have noticed that WS is splitted in many divisions. Like many many. I get it it's hard to make each division members feel united with the other division members. That's why, the new changes, you provided, I think will be perfect for this case.

But i have a question. Why was WhiteList created and why does it exist?