Author Topic: Rainbow Six: Siege [PC]  (Read 4800 times)

Offline [WS]Teddy

• Veteran
    • ArgonathRPG - [WS]Teddy
    • Steam - [WS]Teddy
    • Discord - MrT3ddy
    • Teddy
Rainbow Six: Siege [PC]
« on: July 10, 2016, 07:27:14 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqHxebcvgDE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqHxebcvgDE</a>

Warning: If you think COD / CS:GO is "cool". Don't buy this game.

Anyways, anyone else play on PC? Could def. use a full squad for everything, Terrorist Hunt, Casual and Ranked. We play pretty much everyday during European afternoon until early morning  xD

UshitPlay - MrT3ddy

"Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground."
- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Luke

• Regular
    • ArgonathRPG - Lawrence Kolta
Re: Rainbow Six: Siege [PC]
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 10:21:23 AM »
Got it the other day, seems to be a game best played with friends who are serious about actually winning.

Offline Fuzzy

• EX WS
    • Steam - tehhfuzz
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 11:29:30 AM »
Got it the other day, seems to be a game best played with friends who are serious about actually winning.
Oh you mean like CSGO?  xD

Offline [WS]Teddy

• Veteran
    • Steam - [WS]Teddy
    • Discord - MrT3ddy
    • Teddy
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 06:30:04 PM »

Not at all like CS:SHIT.

It's a game where actual teamwork, strategy, and tactics play to your favor. So yes, playing with a full squad of friends on TS is ideal for success.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Allison

• EX WS
    • Skype - alliw16
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 06:33:15 PM »
I still need to get this.. whoops.

Offline Ezio Auditore

• Fear not the darkness - but welcome its embrace.
  • EX WS
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 07:38:12 PM »

It's a game where actual teamwork, strategy, and tactics play to your favor. So yes, playing with a full squad of friends on TS is ideal for success.

and csgo is not

lmao

p.s. csgo also has skill needed to be applied to it as well
Whenever a man blindly follows the truth, remember - Nothing is true.

When something is prohibited, by morality or law, remember - Everything is Permitted.

We work in the Dark to serve the Light. We are The Assassins.

Offline Fuzzy

• EX WS
    • Steam - tehhfuzz
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 12:44:49 AM »

and csgo is not

lmao

^^^^^^
Don't talk shit about something you have no grasp about

Offline [WS]Teddy

• Veteran
    • Steam - [WS]Teddy
    • Discord - MrT3ddy
    • Teddy
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 05:02:51 AM »

and csgo is not

lmao

I would rate your joke about a 6/10.

Don't talk shit about something you have no grasp about

Except I do. I've played CS:GO, I've watched CS:GO. Sure there is some just no where near as much as Siege.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Fuzzy

• EX WS
    • Steam - tehhfuzz
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 03:54:46 PM »
Except I do. I've played CS:GO, I've watched CS:GO. Sure there is some just no where near as much as Siege.
Well yes, there's no wall destroying or shit so you're right there

Offline Luke

• Regular
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 11:42:49 PM »

You haven't watched enough CS:GO to even know how much skill and actual play goes into CS:GO I picked up Seige what not even a week ago and I can tell you that was 100% easier to play the GO, Siege requires zero to no skill whatsoever, yeah you may need good team mates etc, like every game but nothing compared to GO only playing GO over the past year, I can assure its one of the hardest games to get into hence the reason you call it "shit" cos you probably don't know how to play it.

Offline [WS]Teddy

• Veteran
    • Steam - [WS]Teddy
    • Discord - MrT3ddy
    • Teddy
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 10:05:59 PM »

You haven't watched enough CS:GO to even know how much skill and actual play goes into CS:GO I picked up Seige what not even a week ago and I can tell you that was 100% easier to play the GO, Siege requires zero to no skill whatsoever, yeah you may need good team mates etc, like every game but nothing compared to GO only playing GO over the past year, I can assure its one of the hardest games to get into hence the reason you call it "shit" cos you probably don't know how to play it.

Why don't we just agree to disagree. Since you are absolutely wrong but no amount of convincing with facts will change a die hard fan's mind.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Luke

• Regular
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 11:11:24 PM »

Why don't we just agree to disagree. Since you are absolutely wrong but no amount of convincing with facts will change a die hard fan's mind.
Like in all seriousness, if you think Seige is more competitive how comes I dont see a Esports league?  xD

Offline [WS]Teddy

• Veteran
    • Steam - [WS]Teddy
    • Discord - MrT3ddy
    • Teddy
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 12:23:43 AM »

Like in all seriousness, if you think Seige is more competitive how comes I dont see a Esports league?  xD

Because you didn't look.

http://pro.eslgaming.com/r6/proleague/gate/

They just wrapped up their 2nd season semi-finals yesterday, finals are later this month/early next month.

Allow me to be clear, I never said CS:GO doesn't require any skill. Obviously, games require a degree of skill and higher skill does introduce benefits. You all immediately imply because I don't prefer CS:GO that I find it doesn't require any skill.

What I mean is Siege simply has more to it's combat mechanics, even Fuzzy agreed. Siege has operators which all have different special abilities, and all operators have other operators that counter their abilities, so timing and strategy in using those abilities are crucial. For example, there are re-enforced walls to protect a room, and an attacker operator called Thermite which can destroy these walls, no other operator can. However a defender called Mute and Bandit can destroy/block his charge from detonating, then the attacker Operator named Thatcher can use EMP grenades to destroy Mute's jammers, and Bandit's batteries. (and you can keep going further as there's a defender operator to stop grenades). This means, you need to be really careful in those uses and ensure you are being most effective. Using at the wrong time can waste it, giving the enemy team an advantage over you, and even cost you the match. Mainly when it comes to these re-enforced walls, if they're breached the enemy has a massive advantage already. Where as with CS:GO you don't have these special ability mechanics.

Back over in Siege you have maps which are mostly destructible, you can shoot through material you can logically shoot through (e.g wooden walls, doors, and even flooring), you can open trap door hatches to make new routes, you can barricade and re-enforce things. This, again adds an additional factor into the game and a combat mechanic that takes additional skill and even concentration to really make use out of. Kill holes made in the game are incredibly amazing and provide some really interesting gameplay.  Again, a mechanic that CS:GO doesn't have.

There is simply a lot more in play with each game in Siege, while objectives are similar in the two... bomb sites, securing hostage, and securing area. One thing I will applaud CS:GO in is it's stability, although been out longer, and it's ranking system is more logical than Siege's, although Siege's ranking system is still in beta.

So can you all calm your titties down now.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Emmett

• EX WS
    • Steam - joppz
    • Discord - lassekongo
    • Discord - Joppe
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 11:46:21 PM »
Anyone still play this?

i7 7700k @5Ghz Liquid cooled | 32GB 3200Mhz Corsair DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080TI 11GB Liquid cooled | Corsair Force 240GBx2 | WD Blue 1TBx3

LG 34" Ultrawide G-Sync IPS 165hz | Anne Pro Gateron Browns | Finalmouse Ultralight Pro | Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma V2 | RØDE NT-USB

Offline [WS]Teddy

• Veteran
    • Steam - [WS]Teddy
    • Discord - MrT3ddy
    • Teddy
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2017, 05:15:31 AM »
All the time, even more people playing now than when I posted. The last two DLCs have really spiced the game up, increased it's competitive value, and promoted the hell out of it. It's a better game than it was then.

- Theodore Roosevelt