Author Topic: APB: Reloaded  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Aimzz

• EX WS
  • Once a shadow always a shadow
APB: Reloaded
« on: October 06, 2014, 12:19:36 PM »
Some of you have probably heard about this game before. It was released in 2010 by Realtime Worlds (Original creator) and EA. Realtime Worlds later closed and the game was taken over by Reloaded Productions (Gamersfirst) and the game changed name from APB to APB Reloaded. The game is a third person, multiplayer only game. It is also free to play and can be downloaded from steam. You can basically choose to be an enforcer or a criminal. And you then have to fight against the other faction. The level of player customization is high, basically every player is different, and every vehicle. You can design your own music/death themes, symbols, clothes, and much more. If you choose to be Premium you also get access to different vehicles, weapons, more storage for music, clothes, symbols, cars and so on. I hear the word "Pay2Win" alot, but once you actually have access to all of these "premium" guns you will notice that they are not any better than the ones you can get as a normal player by leveling up your character.

Why do I make this topic? I play this game daily myself and I have been playing it since 2012, with around 1400 hours played in total, and I still enjoy it. So I wanted to create a discussion topic about the game, there was one before but I don't think it still exists.

I play on the Obeya EU1 server, which is also the most populated server, the other servers available are Patriot EU2 (Also European, but less populated) Then there is Joker and Colby which are the American servers, and then there is HAN, which is Asian, but that one is almost empty. The graphics might not be the best, the community might not be the best but the game still has alot to offer. With active developers who listen to their players, and also play the game themselves (I have played with several devs myself) this game has alot of potential. I have even heard rumours of a possible release for consoles too which is both good and bad. I know some people here played the game before, and the game has changed alot when it comes to weapon balancing, threat/rank and matchmaking. There is also a new engine upgrade coming in the near future (Should be released in some months I believe)

Here are some movies to show the game;

Action trailer
#Invalid YouTube Link#

Faction trailer
#Invalid YouTube Link#

Some nice user made movies which display the game in a nice way;

#Invalid YouTube Link#
#Invalid YouTube Link#
#Invalid YouTube Link#

Customization examples:

#Invalid YouTube Link#
#Invalid YouTube Link#
#Invalid YouTube Link#
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

Offline Slatos

• Your favourite
  • 1337 Member
  • Never trust ファジーヤギ
    • Skype - mrcompleto
    • Steam - Slatos
Re: APB: Reloaded
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 12:41:45 PM »
I never found it that fun. I guess it could be because I wasn't playing it like it should be played... Do you usually play with voice chat?

"Guess who's back... back again?"

Offline Aimzz

• EX WS
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 12:53:37 PM »
I never found it that fun. I guess it could be because I wasn't playing it like it should be played... Do you usually play with voice chat?
When I play with my clan I usually use Teamspeak, it is more fun if you play with someone you know, playing on your own means you have to depend more on matchmaking. If you have a team you can play with it also increases your chance of winning, teamwork is key in this game. There is also a built in voice chat but enemies can also hear you speak if you use it.

Offline Fuzzy

• EX WS
    • Steam - tehhfuzz
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 12:57:53 PM »
Bought it like 3 weeks before the servers were closed in the original APB. Vitutus oli kova.

I have played the new one for some hours with Winters but not that much btw.

Offline Tovenaarke

• The White Shadow Helper
  • Honorary Member
  • Your Helping Hand
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 03:32:44 PM »
I love this game. I've played it alot, but stopped because some other games took my attention. And ofc, I'm a cop  :feast:

Offline ~Legend~

• Honorary Member
    • @Wshadowclan
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 03:40:36 PM »
It looks kinda cool, I will have to check it out

Offline [WS]Teddy

• Veteran
    • ArgonathRPG - [WS]Teddy
    • Steam - [WS]Teddy
    • Discord - MrT3ddy
    • Teddy
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 04:51:47 PM »
Crim is best.. way easier to make money and get good shit

"Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground."
- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Fuzzy

• EX WS
    • Steam - tehhfuzz
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 02:10:56 PM »
Crim is best.. way easier to make money and get good shit
Obviosly. But I guess police was always intended for more experienced players

Offline Aimzz

• EX WS
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 03:04:16 PM »
I personally prefer enforcer over criminal (my main is enforcer) because you get access to different less than lethal guns which you can stun criminals with. Ram-raiding and mugging as criminal isn't that rewarding and you also risk loosing it all if an enforcer spots you doing it. If you want fast money I suggest fight club. (You can also win premium weapons there). Other good ways to make money is to actually design things and sell them. When I was new I made simple vests saying "SWAT" on the back, sold like 50, 2k each :P. But when you reach max rank you won't even care about the money, I can make 200-300k in one day by just doing missions/fightclubbing.

Offline [WS]Teddy

• Veteran
    • Steam - [WS]Teddy
    • Discord - MrT3ddy
    • Teddy
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 04:35:43 AM »
Obviosly. But I guess police was always intended for more experienced players

Been playing for years. Has nothing to do with experience lol. I have my main and crim and secondary as enf. I just don't like grinding for enf... just always seems easier with crim.

Less than lethal sucks as well. I'd rather shoot to kill rather than shoot to be a little girl tbh.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Aimzz

• EX WS
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 10:10:25 AM »
I'd rather shoot to kill rather than shoot to be a little girl tbh.

Bad experiences against LTL? lol  :P It is there for a reason, it is more challenging to use (Now I know some people try to be funny by using PIG + Perc which is a complete asshole tactic) but also more rewarding than normal killing. Once you reach max weapon level for LTL you also get the LTL Nade launcher which is awesome. But right now I am focusing on reaching Master rifleman, just 850 kills to go  :feast: What server do you play on Ted?

Offline [WS]Teddy

• Veteran
    • Steam - [WS]Teddy
    • Discord - MrT3ddy
    • Teddy
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 02:27:40 AM »
Yes, I hate being hit with LTL. I hate those who taze you then just kill you too. If your gonna use LTL, use it for the purpose intended... arrest. I am also getting sick of everyone using RPGs which seems to be happening alot.

I play on Colby(?) (US West Coast).

- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Aimzz

• EX WS
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 09:15:20 AM »
Yes, I hate being hit with LTL. I hate those who taze you then just kill you too. If your gonna use LTL, use it for the purpose intended... arrest. I am also getting sick of everyone using RPGs which seems to be happening alot.

I play on Colby(?) (US West Coast).
Yeah that sucks. I don't see the point in stunning just to kill, they probably just do it to annoy people.

Well since the OSMAW nerf it has been alot easier to counter them, I remember when there was no timer on it, and it could take more damage, it was the most OP weapon in the game combined with the nano which was also OP back then. But the new Volcano that shoots 2 rockets is still annoying.

Offline [WS]Teddy

• Veteran
    • Steam - [WS]Teddy
    • Discord - MrT3ddy
    • Teddy
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 06:10:31 PM »
I still prefer shottys. Take down pretty easy when you get up close and personal. Really doesn't work in waterfront tho, to many open areas for ranged weapons to have the advantage.

- Theodore Roosevelt