Author Topic: Join us on Discord (you don't need to be a member!)  (Read 2445 times)

Offline [WS]Teddy

• EX WS
    • Teddy
  • Argonath: [WS]Teddy
  • Steam: [WS]Teddy
  • UPlay: MrT3ddy
Join us on Discord (you don't need to be a member!)
« on: January 29, 2016, 09:41:46 PM »

Download Discord and join us today. Anyone, official member or not can join and hangout with us. If you're a member contact an administrator to get your member rank to see some of our member only discussions. As soon as you join please provide a link to your profile here on White Shadows forums.

Discord is a mobile and desktop app that is a hybrid communication platform that breeds TeamSpeak 3 and Skype into one. The app provides both text and voice chat, with upcoming video and screen sharing, with permission system, groups, and multi-channel systems. The app, while a hybrid, out performs both TeamSpeak and Skype in every aspect and is developed by gamers, for gamers (THAT'S US).

You can use Discord on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS and a even in the browser if you want to be a pleb. Just get it and be awesome.

Click below to join us

"Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground."
- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline SeanC

• WS Managment
  • Unhappily married to PulseEffect
    • Skype - SeanC1607
Re: Join us on Discord
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 04:18:19 AM »
I recommend you clan members and clan interests to join us here, it is definitely something less annoying than Skype.

Offline JeffHardyCool

• Reader
  • WS4LIFE
  • Argonath: JeffHardyCool
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 02:18:23 PM »
I have a issue regarding it I'm unable to chat l.Whenever I type anything  and send , it says unable to send message long press to resend.What can I do now?

Offline hardujuu

• EX WS
  • Hold on, be strong
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 02:48:11 PM »
Works like a charm actually.

Offline SeanC

• WS Managment
  • Unhappily married to PulseEffect
    • Skype - SeanC1607
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 02:52:15 PM »
I have a issue regarding it I'm unable to chat l.Whenever I type anything  and send , it says unable to send message long press to resend.What can I do now?
Solved this.

Offline [WS]Teddy

• EX WS
    • Teddy
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 04:23:29 PM »
Hai,

This is still up and running! A small group of us are still there daily and we'd love to see you. Trust me when I say this is better than Skype and TeamSpeak in every possible way. You don't need to be in WS to join us, just come on in and hangout!

We've just changed the scenery a bit, once you join you'll be only able to speak in our lobby. Ensure your nickname for our server is changed (right click your name in the right hand list, and select "change nickname") to something we can recognize. Then, just say hello and we'll give you the appropriate rights to communicate with us :)

- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Slavik

• EX WS
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 05:05:35 PM »
I'll get it later on tomorrow

Slavik made 297 bans - [WS]Mikro

Offline Jaka

• Regular
    • Skype - jaka.lah2
  • Argonath: 6298
  • Steam: jakalah
  • XBL: metaldevil69
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 06:15:51 PM »
It's a great program but the problem I have is that I still use Teamspeak and Skype, so now I have all three running eating up my Ram..

But it is a great client. Would Recommend

Offline [WS]Teddy

• EX WS
    • Teddy
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 06:57:29 PM »
It's a great program but the problem I have is that I still use Teamspeak and Skype, so now I have all three running eating up my Ram..

Well the idea is to replace TeamSpeak and Skype, as it preforms better than both. I'm listening to music now with our new music bot and CPU usage never touches about 10%, where as join a Skype call and it spikes.

But yes, would definitely recommended.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Jaka

• Regular
    • Skype - jaka.lah2
  • Argonath: 6298
  • Steam: jakalah
  • XBL: metaldevil69
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 07:32:15 PM »

Well the idea is to replace TeamSpeak and Skype, as it preforms better than both. I'm listening to music now with our new music bot and CPU usage never touches about 10%, where as join a Skype call and it spikes.

The problem is not everyone uses it, so I still have Teamspeak for some people, Skype for other people and Discord for WS, I would love to uninstall Skype, that program kills my third world country internet but people I speak to use it so I need to have it. I'm sure everyone has that problem. Seriously tho, Discord is such a good program, not even in depth, the GUI is just so.. sleek.

Offline [WS]Teddy

• EX WS
    • Teddy
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 04:30:59 PM »

The problem is not everyone uses it, so I still have Teamspeak for some people, Skype for other people and Discord for WS, I would love to uninstall Skype, that program kills my third world country internet but people I speak to use it so I need to have it. I'm sure everyone has that problem. Seriously tho, Discord is such a good program, not even in depth, the GUI is just so.. sleek.

Then convince them to make the switch, it's what I've been doing :D

- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline [WS]Teddy

• EX WS
    • Teddy
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 04:16:55 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSPIMgtcQnU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSPIMgtcQnU</a>

- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline [WS]Teddy

• EX WS
    • Teddy
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 07:12:27 PM »
To reiterate: You do NOT need to be a White Shadows member to be in the Discord. We do allow guests, just you won't have full access.

Also shortly, an upgraded bot will automatically verify your membership so we do not need to manually assign ranks.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Salvatore

• Official Farko
  • Official Member
  • Argonath: Essa
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2016, 04:03:16 PM »
You do NOT need to be a White Shadows member to be in the Discord. We do allow guests
Ohhhhhh Awesome, hopping in :P

Offline [WS]Teddy

• EX WS
    • Teddy
Re: Join us on Discord (you don't need to be a member!)
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2016, 07:33:25 AM »
Our Discord server received a bit of a face lift today, as described in the announcements channel:

New Emojis and reworked older ones
You can now enjoy :kappa: :kappa2: :WutFace: :FlipThis: and a slightly better version of :salt:

Removed buggy or shit looking Emojis
There were a few Emojis that didn't have transparency or just was terrible fucking quality and made you want to bitch at Fuzzy for no reason. They were removed to save Fuzzy some bitching.

Added a new Music Manager role
This new role can help me manage the bot, a manager can restart the bot and do other important things. Honestly, I don't know I just know it does stuff with the bot. If you want to help, ask me.

Improved messages around the server
A lot of the messages (mainly pinned ones) have been updated to look a little prettier.

Want new channels for specific reasons?
You guessed it, ask Fuzzy. Okay, seriously you can ask me. As long as it isn't some downy channel I'll probably be fine with it.

REMINDER
You do NOT need to be a member of White Shadows to get access to our Discord! We do permit guests to have limited access (we do have some private areas).

If you are a member, and haven't joined yet, you suck. Plain and simple.

- Theodore Roosevelt